- Don't give back your vision to God
- Take risks as a leader
- Leadership is breaking science to get more out of people than you can
- In leadership you get no where with out followers who want to follow you
- Give leaders a sense of purpose
- Leadership is about followership
- Give people the resources they need to get the job done
- Have simple things (sayings) you constantly repeat
- Take care of your team
- Its about getting a job thats not miserable
Things that lead to a miserable job:
1) Anonymity (makes you feel miserable)
* Make sure I show my team I care
* Good people don't leave jobs where they're known
2) Irrelevance (is a job killer)
* If you don't think your job matters its demotivating
* I need to help people find relevance in their ministry
* When someones job is to help us; celebrate that!
3) Immeasurement (no ability to measure your success)
* People need to know their doing a good job
* Give people another ability to measure their performance
- Multiplier approach is to let people weigh in
- Multiplier's challenge people without apology
- Working for a diminisher is exhausting and boring
- Working for a multiplier is exhausting and fun!
- We do our greatest damage when we hold our greatest intentions
- How do I be more of a multiplier?
- Jesus is asking me to give up my title, stage and authority for Him
- Call sin, sin
- Shared leadership is better
- Make room for other leaders, its not my Kingdom!
- Our calling has to trump culture
- We don't do stuff so Jesus will think we're swell
- People believe we're our biggest mistake
- NO= Next Opportunity
- Choose your companions before you choose your road
- Don't keep energy suckers around
- Not everybody is the right player on the right team
- If the person at the top isn't wise enough to hand things off they won't succeed
- Hire great people & let them do their job (get out of their way)
So on a scale of 1-10. 1 being lowest, how do you score this year's Summit??
I'd give it a solid 9. I've been to about 7 Summit's and I really enjoyed the content from this years speakers. There were a few times I was prepared to work during the session and just had to listen to the speaker!
Post a Comment