Let me say that again; Yesterday was a very special in my life!
We got to the table, outside, and I envisioned what this date would look like in twelve years. I envisioned what she would want to talk about. I envisioned what she would be in to. I envisioned what she would order and how her hair would look. I got scared after that so I just came back to today and enjoyed the time that I was getting with my fourteen month old!
I'm not going to give all the details of the date but I do want to share some things that I learned about my youngest daughter:
- If Leah chooses milk to drink I will end up drinking it and she will drink my decaf coffee
- Leah loves treats! (We ordered a 7 layer bar)
- Leah loves frozen yogurt; I made the mistake of walking by the frozen yogurt shop and Leah was very clear that she would have rather eaten there
- Leah loves to hold my hand
- Leah likes to dance on the grates on the ground
Yesterday was the first date, of many, that I plan of taking Leah on. I left our date with a greater sense of responsibility as a dad and the role that I play in her life.
Post a Comment