Right after I got off the phone I found out one of my friends was already on the scene (Stephen and his wife). He was leaving Costco at the same time as Charity and the girls. He stayed with Charity while I was trying to make some calls. I'm not sure how long it took but I would say in less than five minutes there were two more friends down on the scene. One was Charity's accountability partner, Kristen, and the other was our executive pastor Brandon Gallup.
I don't know what people do without the church in their life.
- Who do you call when your wife gets in an accident?
- Who will help you?
- Who will call your wife (multiple times) to make sure she is ok?
- Who will give your kids a bath?
- Who will take your groceries home for you so they don't melt (think Vegas heat)?
- Who takes your car to their house till the insurance comes?
- Who is praying for your family?
- Who checks up on your family?
Last night reminded me how thankful I am for my church and how I just don't know how people live without the church! Now I understand that I am a pastor and that could play into the love but I am so thankful for the church. I am thankful for friends that came over and helped out. I am thankful that students are praying for my family while I am gone. I am sure I am missing someone like the Mansfield's who totally helped out last night!
Right now I just can't stop thinking about how I have no clue what I would do without the church.